The Van Buren R-1 High School Counseling Office is located in the High School Building.
Office hours are Monday-Friday from 7:45 am-3:30 pm on days that school is in session.
Counselor's Contact Information:
573-323-4295, Ext. 306 (counseling office)
The Van Buren R-1 Guidance Office Back to School Updates
Students will only be scheduled in a dual credit course offering if they have a qualifying score by ACT or Accuplacer at the start of the school year.
New enrollment students to the VB R-1 School District may pre-enroll in the district on Monday, August 12th from 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Juniors and Seniors may make schedule changes in the guidance office prior to school starting on August 13th and Sophomores and Freshman on the 14th.
Student schedules will be available at the "Back to School Fair" on August 21st or advisement on the first day of school if students are unable to attend.
Mrs. Lefler and Mrs. Mann
Reasons to contact a counselor:
- social adjustments
- health concerns
- family problems or concerns
- school progress
- educational and career planning
- arranging conferences and referrals
- information about community resources and programs
- planning high school coursework
- career exploration
- post-secondary planning
- exploration of post-secondary institutions
- continuing education applications
- financial aid information
- test result interpretation